This pasta recipe is the ultimate comfort food, but guess what... It's good for you! Enjoy your magical vegan marinara pasta!
Serves: 5 - 6
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 package kelp noodles, soaked overnight, marinated 2 - 4 hrs
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 2 hours
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave, yacon syrup or coconut palm nectar
- 2 tsp dried and fresh oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Tomato soaked water, as needed to thin
- Soak kelp noodles overnight in water and then marinate kelp noodles in olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt for 2-4 hours.
- In a blender, add lemon juice, olive oil, sundried tomatoes, tomato soak water, garlic, basil, red onion, oregano, chili flakes and sea salt.
- Add your choice of sweetener if you like your sauce on the sweet side. Blend on high speed for approximately 30 seconds and add extra tomato soak water if your blender needs help blending.
- Dice a medium tomato and set aside.
- Place marinara sauce onto the kelp noodles and mix in the sauce with your hands. Place on a plate and top with diced tomato, edible flowers, and fresh basil.
Audio Languages: English
Chili And Sour CreamS1:Ep10 14 mins
Superfood Fudge BrowniesS1:Ep11 11 mins
Strawberry ParfaitS1:Ep12 11 mins
You Might Also Like
Spring RollsS1:Ep11 5 mins
Un-Fried RiceS1:Ep12 6 mins
Toggie SproutsS1:Ep14 15 mins
Chocolate MagicS1:Ep13 9 mins
Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel SauceS1:Ep7 18 mins
Collard Green WrapS1:Ep4 2 mins
Raw Apple PieS1:Ep9 6 mins
Skin-Glow Sulfur SaladS1:Ep13 8 mins
Vegan Shepherd's PieS1:Ep6 38 mins
Green Breakfast BowlS1:Ep15 13 mins
Raw PizzaS1:Ep10 7 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia