This mock 'chicken' salad is one of the best vegan salads you will ever try! Packed full of yummy vegan goodness! Watch Jason as he whips this up in under 10 minutes!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 cups overnight soaked sunflower seeds
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- ½ bunch scallions, diced
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried sage
- 1 ½ cups young thai coconut water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 ½ cups cashews or macadamia nuts, soaked
- ½ cup stone ground mustard
- In a food processor, place sunflower seeds and blend for around 10 seconds.
- Place the ground sunflower seeds to a mixing bowl. Mix in sage, oregano and thyme. Add celery and scallions. Give it a quick mix and set aside.
- In a blender, add young coconut water, garlic, sea salt, lemon juice, mustard and cashews. Blend on high for approximately 30 seconds.
- Gradually add the dressing sauce to the "chicken" salad and mix it in, while pouring.
- Serve on your choice of food, such as lettuce, pita bread etc and enjoy!
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia