You may need to pinch yourself out of Ben & Jerry heaven that you can actually have your cookie dough and eat it too -- raw, without worry! The main ingredient may surprise you -- it is definitely a secret ingredient that you will need to taste (or not taste) to believe. This Super dough is so full of nutrient-rich goodness and delicious flavor in one. Best of all, you don't need to wait for them to bake!
Why It's Good For You:
These are excellent snacks for athletes or kids who do a lot of sport as they are loaded with superfoods and fiber to help provide nutrients and balance the blood sugar absorption.
(use organic where possible)
- 2⁄3 cup red lentils, soaked 6-24 hrs
- 4 tbsp quality oils (coconut, macadamia, flax, non-toasted sesame etc - a combo is great)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, desiccated
- 3-4 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Drain the soaking water from the lentils and add approximately 2 cups of fresh water to a saucepan with the drained lentils.
- Bring to a boil and gently boil for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Drain any excess water.
- Transfer cooked lentils into a blender and add oils, syrups, hemp seeds, vanilla and salt.
- Blend as smooth as possible.
- Add the flax meal, superfood powders, coconut, and coconut flour.
- Taste and customize sweetness or flavor as desired.
- If you would like the dough to remain 'white', make sure to only add the chocolate chunks once the batter is cool enough.
- Press the thick cookie dough into a dish lined with baking paper. Chill in the fridge or freezer.
- Once cool, cut into cubes and leave in the freezer for easy access when the craving hits.
- If you desire cookie dough balls, hand-roll the cubes into shape once fully chilled. Alternatively, roll into balls while still soft and then toss in a bowl of desiccated coconut like cookie dough bliss balls. Freeze and eat straight from frozen.
- Roll into small balls or small cubes and stir through ice cream for a very special treat.
- Put a small skewer or cake-ball stick into each chilled ball and dip into melted chocolate, then sprinkle crushed nuts over.
- Roll the dough into a log shape in baking paper. Chill. Cut into rounds as the ice cream sandwich pieces, fill with ice cream.