Delicious and gooey cinnamon rolls!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
FOR THE SCROLL DOUGH
- 300ml soy, rice, or coconut milk
- 30g coconut sugar
- 80g coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp dried baker's yeast
- 600g white or wholemeal spelt flour
FOR THE MIDDLE MIX
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup currants or raisins
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a standard, square baking cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To prepare the dough, add the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Knead the dough on your working surface for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough back to the bowl and leave it to rise for 20 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and roll it out into a rectangular shape which should be 1cm thick.
- To prepare the MIDDLE MIX, combine the ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Brush the rolled out dough with maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the MIDDLE MIX over the dough and press it down gently. Roll the dough into a log and cut it into 8-10 slices.
- Place the dough into the prepared tin, arranging the slices close together.
- Keep the dough in a warm place and allow to rise again for 30 minutes. Brush with a little maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. When done, remove and brush with lots of maple syrup. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Spring RollsS1:Ep11 5 mins
Leek SauceS1:Ep7 9 mins
Un-Fried RiceS1:Ep12 6 mins
Toggie SproutsS1:Ep14 15 mins
Spicy EggplantsS1:Ep13 19 mins
Green Breakfast BowlS1:Ep15 13 mins
Gado GadoS1:Ep5 14 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia