An AMAZING wholefood, gluten-free orange cake!
Makes 15 slices
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 whole oranges
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds
- Line a springform pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Boil the whole oranges in 2 liters of water for 30-45 minutes. Once done, discard the water.
- Boil the oranges again in 2 liters of water for another 45 minutes. When done, discard the water.
- Boil the oranges one last time in 2 liters of water. After 45 minutes of boiling, discard the water and set the oranges aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 340°F (170°C). When the oranges are cooled, add them to your food processor, then transfer to a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy and then add the blended oranges and honey.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond meal, baking powder, and cardamom seeds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix gently to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan and bake for one hour. Enjoy!
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia