Create lamingtons that are healthy, nourishing, & yum!
Makes: 20 small logs
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 120g gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g coconut sugar
FOR THE ICING
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g shredded or desiccated coconut (for coating)
- Preheat your oven to 340°F (170°C). Line a rectangular slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar to a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in another bowl and set aside.
- Gradually pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and mix briefly until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes.
- Check, and if needed, bake for 5 to 8 more minutes until slightly golden and springy to touch.
- When done, allow the cake to cool in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, slice into the desired size.
- To prepare the icing, mix all the ingredients, except the coconut, until well combined.
- Dip each cake piece into the icing mixture and coat on all sides.
- Toss in the coconut, set aside on a plate and serve.
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia