Moist, vegan, banana bread made easy with some ingenious whole food ingredient swaps. You won't believe how easy this is.
Makes: 15 to 20 slices
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 350g ripe bananas
- 220g gluten-free flour
- 130g coconut oil
- 100g coconut or plain water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Combine the flax seeds and water first. Let the flax seeds soak for at least 5 to 8 minutes.
- Line a standard size loaf tin with grease-proof baking paper and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (340°F).
- Add all the ingredients, except for the soaked flax seeds, to a mixing bowl (you can mash the bananas first) and mix until well combined.
- Add in the soaked flax seeds and stir briefly. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes.
- When done, allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack.
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia