The food that has dominated the base of our food pyramid for the last century, and has been the core of many cultures' diets throughout history, isn’t what it used to be.
In this interview, you'll hear from cardiologist and bestselling author William Davis, about his investigation into the link between the modern wheat we consume today and chronic illnesses, specifically diseases of the heart.
William will briefly touch on the history of the grain and how we arrived where we are today, with this unrecognizable food source that’s causing more disruption than good.
In this interview, you will learn:
- William’s career and curiosity of the evolution of wheat
- The incorrect correlation between heart disease and cholesterol
- What small LDL cholesterol particles are
- Why modern wheat is not what it used to be
- The specific components of wheat that are detrimental to our health
- Why the food pyramid has not changed
- If cutting out gluten and grains improve your performance