Do you love apple pie? Learn how to create a healthy, raw apple pie! The preparation may be long, but trust us, it is well worth it!
Why it's so good for you:
Rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber, apples help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups almonds, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 4 apples, chopped
- 4 apples, shredded
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for at least 12 hours and roughly chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon zest to taste
- 1 cup almonds, soaked and peeled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups dates, soaked in organic apple juice