If you've ever felt a little naughty when indulging in chocolate, this recipe will help you realize that high-quality chocolate and cacao are, in fact, a fantastic, healthy addition to your diet.
Raw cacao offers amazing health benefits for your entire body! Some days you just need to find your bliss -- cacao is one of the healthiest foods you can consume. Cacao contains the mood improver, anandamide -- known as the bliss molecule - which creates a feeling of euphoria. Plus it's loaded with theobromine, found to halt coughs better than codeine or commercial cough suppressants!
Serves: Makes 24-30 cubes
(use organic where possible)
- 100g cacao butter, melted
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Essential oils for flavor (optional)
- Dried fruits (optional)
- Cashews (optional)
- Dried coconut (optional)
- Have your ice tray or chocolate mold dry and ready to use.
- Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- When melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in all the ingredients (except the optional ones).
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in any Young Living flavors to your liking.
- Spoon the mixture into the ice cube trays and top with the optional dried fruits, cashews, dried banana, and dried coconut.
- Freeze until set and then pop them out.