This colorful salad is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to support your health and it tastes amazing! The spiced yogurt dressing really takes it to a whole other level!
Why It's So Good For You
Due to their ability to absorb vitamins and minerals from the ground, root vegetables grown in rich soil are full of nutrients and are an excellent source of fiber! Many are high in vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin A.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup roasted vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potato, and butternut squash)
- 2 handfuls mixed greens (rocket/arugula, spinach, mesclun, romaine)
- 1 handful chopped herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro)
- 1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds) (optional)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup yogurt (coconut yogurt or organic dairy)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut vegetables into small 1-inch sized cubes, place on an oven tray and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Place a handful of greens and mixed herbs, in a serving bowl.
- Top with roasted vegetables, chopped herbs, and seeds.
- To make the dressing, add the yogurt, oil, garlic, and turmeric in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle yogurt dressing over the salad to serve