A tasty nutrient-rich, low calorie snack that's great for your metabolism and easy to prepare!
Why It's So Good For You
Nori is a great source of iodine, which is important for thyroid health. It's extremely low in calories yet also provides a source of potassium, vitamin A, magnesium, and vitamin C.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 12 nori sheets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 275º F (135º C) and cover two baking dishes with parchment paper.
- Place six sheets of nori, shiny side up, on the baking sheet. With a pastry brush, lightly brush the shiny side of the nori with water. Be sure to reach the edges, then carefully align another sheet of nori on top and press them together.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets until they're buddied up.
- Using kitchen shears, cut the nori into one inch strips, then cut those strips in half again. You will end up with approximately 42 chips.
- Arrange the chips in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, and cayenne. Use the pastry brush to coat the top of the chips, then sprinkle with salt.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, keeping an eye on them not to burn. They will turn a deep, glossy green.
- Remove from the oven. Allow them to cool before eating for maximum crunch.