An incredibly delicious snack that's great for your skin, hair, nails and immune system!
Why It's So Good For You
High in the mineral zinc and an excellent source of B complex vitamins, pepitas make a great beauty food snack as they nourish your skin and aid wound healing. Zinc is also a key nutrient for your immune system, helping to ward off colds and flu!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat a dry frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds.
- Shake and stir the seeds constantly as they are toasting to prevent burning.
- When the pumpkin seeds begin to get golden, start to pop open and release their aroma they are done. This will smell like popcorn.
- Sprinkle hot toasted pumpkin seeds with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, or your choice of seasonings and drizzle lightly with olive oil.