Satisfy your hunger pains with a delicious homemade nut butter. Add your favorite extras and you'll never buy store varieties again!
Why It's So Good For You
Nut and seed butters may contain a significant amount of fat per serving, but they're the types of fat that benefit heart health, reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and even lower the risk of obesity! Plus they contain protein, fiber, B vitamins and antioxidants, making them a great slow-releasing source of energy!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups soaked and dehydrated raw nuts
- 1 - 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil, we use unrefined organic coconut oil
- After soaking and dehydrating, add the nuts to your food processor and grind to a fine powder, anywhere between 2 to 10 minutes.
- Add the oil and continue processing -- the nuts' oils are released and as the mixture continues to warm, it should turn creamy and smooth.
- Once your butter is creamy and well mixed you can now add your salt, sweetener or seeds of choice.
- You can add sea salt, sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup), seeds (sesame, chia, flax seeds, hemp), vanilla, cinnamon, cacao, nutmeg.
- Pulse until mixed.