Fritters make a great meal anytime of day! Make a big batch, freeze them, and reheat when needed for a quick and easy meal solution!
Why It's So Good For You
Zucchini and carrot both have a high water content. When paired with protein and fat from the eggs, these fritters make a filling, nourishing meal without that unwanted heavy feeling!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups grated vegetables (zucchini, carrot or sweet potato)
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped/ grated
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Leafy greens of choice (spinach, arugula, lettuce, dandelion or other bitter greens)
- Lemon (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Grate the zucchinis with the skin on and add some salt. Let the mixture stand while you chop the onion.
- Squeeze the vegetables in order to get rid of excess water, and then mix with the onion, the spices, and the eggs.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil or butter and fry the batter in batches of 4 small pancake-sized fritters for about 2 minutes each side.
- Best served with a large green salad dressed with lemon and olive oil.
- If you are following a vegan diet, please use a flax egg recipe or preferred vegan alternative.
FLAX EGG RECIPE
- To replace one large egg, finely grind 1 tablespoon of flax seeds in a spice grinder. Place in a small bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons of water. Allow to sit for 30 minutes before using in a recipe.