One of our absolute favorites! It's quick to make and tastes just as good as the regular pasta version, without the heavy feeling post-meal!
Why It's So Good For You
Zucchini provides you with lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that promote healthy eyesight! They're also a source of magnesium, folate and fiber.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 6 soaked sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 date
- 2 tbsp parsley or basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles, or with a peeler into ribbons, and place in a large serving bowl.
- For the sauce, place remaining ingredients in food processor/ blender until smooth.
- To serve, place the zucchini noodles/ ribbons into bowls and pour the raw source over the top, just like you would for a bowl of pasta.
- You can eat these zucchini spirals raw but in the winter you could blanch them in boiling water for two minutes so you can serve this dish hot.
Audio Languages: English
Waldorf SaladS1:Ep14 3 mins
Kale Caesar SaladS1:Ep15 4 mins
Gut-Healing Chicken SoupS1:Ep16 5 mins
You Might Also Like
Toggie SproutsS1:Ep14 15 mins
Green Breakfast BowlS1:Ep15 13 mins
Spicy EggplantsS1:Ep13 19 mins
Green Breakfast SmoothieS1:Ep5 4 mins
Toasted PepitasS1:Ep2 2 mins
Satay SauceS1:Ep4 2 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia