Caesar Salad is one of those deceiving dishes tricking you into thinking it's healthy.Too often, though, the store-bought varieties are loaded with highly processed dressings that include refined sugars, stabilizers and hidden nasties.
Why is good for you:
We've stripped this salad back and created a wholesome version that is both delicious and good for you!
Swapping the usual mayonnaise dressing for a gut-loving yogurt option, this meal instantly feels fresher. With the addition of anchovies, capers, garlic and apple cider vinegar, you need not worry about a lackluster flavor.
Did we mention how great anchovies are for you? These little guys contain just as much omega-3 fatty acids as salmon. Omega-3s can't be produced by the body and must be consumed. This essential molecule is helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease and supporting brain function.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- ¼ cup yogurt (coconut or organic dairy)
- 2 anchovies, finely sliced
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 slice Paleo bread (see recipe) cubed
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 medium bunch romaine/cos lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 boiled egg