2-Ingredient Homemade Coconut Yogurt
If you love yogurt, you're going to love this vegan option made from coconut milk. Loaded with probiotics, protein and fibre this recipe is sure to become a household favorite.
Pair your homemade yogurt with your favourite fruits or vegetables, or use as dipping sauce for a tasty nutrient-packed snack.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cans coconut milk, separated
- 2 grams probiotic powder
- Flip the cans of coconut milk over from how they were stored - usually the coconut water and coconut cream will separate with the cream on top. Open the cans and pour off the coconut water. Reserve the coconut water for a smoothie or other recipe.
- Combine the coconut cream and probiotic powder in a clean, pint-size mason jar.
- Place in the oven, with the oven off, but the oven light on for 24 to 36 hours. The probiotics will ferment the coconut cream and turn it into yogurt in the slightly warmed oven. Again, the oven should remain off but the oven light should be on.
- After 24 to 36 hours, remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes at room temperature to cool off. Taste for tanginess; tanginess indicates that it fermented properly. It will be a little thin and runny because it is warm but will set and thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate after it comes to room temperature (about an hour after you remove from the oven). Let chill in the refrigerator at least two hours before serving to allow it to thicken. It will keep 1 to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- For the coconut cream, use just the cream, refrigerate the can overnight to ensure separation.
- Make sure to use probiotic powder that contains lactobacillus bacteria.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel SauceS1:Ep7 18 mins
Berrilicious BrowniesS1:Ep9 12 mins
Choc Chip Super DoughS1:Ep8 14 mins
The Seedy Sicilian PizzaS1:Ep4 14 mins
Mushroom StroganoffS1:Ep5 19 mins
Berry Smoothie BowlS1:Ep4 6 mins
Tempeh Roll-UpsS1:Ep5 5 mins
Vegan Shepherd's PieS1:Ep6 38 mins
10-Minute Salmon & Watermelon Mint PopsS2:Ep3 11 mins
Hugo's Snack PlateS1:Ep3 3 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia