Broccoli, Spinach & Pea Soup
Popeye was so onto it with his spinach! This simple green leaf is one to not miss on the dinner plate. Spinach has been shown to be cell protective, helping to reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as cancer.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 leek or onion
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 large heads broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 cups, frozen peas
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful watercress,
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Prepare all your veggies by cutting to desired shape and thickness.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Preheat a large saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add the oil and all the veggies, peas and herbs.
- Season well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Blend until smooth.
- Return the purée to the saucepan for reheating when needed.
Audio Languages: English
BrothS1:Ep3 9 mins
Herb French ToastS1:Ep4 12 mins
Gado GadoS1:Ep5 14 mins
You Might Also Like
Miso Eggplant SaladS1:Ep3 20 mins
Fruit SaladS1:Ep5 2 mins
Pasta AlfredoS1:Ep15 15 mins
Pesticides Killing Our MicrobesS4:Ep2 46 mins
Oats GroatsS1:Ep13 6 mins
Pad ThaiS1:Ep14 14 mins
The McVegan BurgerS1:Ep8 24 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia