Soul food doesn't have to be heavy, complicated, or meat laden. Enjoy this beautiful broth rich in flavor but light on your digestion. It's a wonderful alternative to traditional comfort foods.
(use organic where possible)
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into big chunks
- 3 corn cobs, cut into big chunks
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 large zucchini, cut into big chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into big chunks
- 3 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 250g button mushrooms, whole
- 2 leeks, cut into big chunks, green part too
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 100g parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 liters water
- Combine all ingredients in a large, 15-litre pot.
- Cook for 3 hours over low heat.
- Allow to rest before serving.
Audio Languages: English
Herb French ToastS1:Ep4 12 mins
Gado GadoS1:Ep5 14 mins
You Might Also Like
Oats GroatsS1:Ep13 6 mins
Not Tuna SushiS1:Ep12 17 mins
Miso Eggplant SaladS1:Ep3 20 mins
The McVegan BurgerS1:Ep8 24 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia