Do you miss having French toast? There's something about fresh bread that brings back memories. Whether you are gluten-free, paleo or just want a healthier option to have your bread as your breakfast or snack, you must try this recipe!
(use organic where possible)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup soy milk
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices brown bread
- Olive oil
- Add the whisked eggs, herbs, and milk to a bowl.
- Whisk to combine and season well.
- Heat a pan on low-to-medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture.
- Allow the bread slices to soak the egg mixture, making sure the slices are evenly coated with the herbs.
- Add the slices to your pan and cook until golden brown.
- Make sure your bread slices have come from the fridge and have not been stored at room temperature.