Most of us worry about getting enough calcium when we remove dairy from our diet. Boost your calcium intake with our Creamy Sesame Milk!
Why It's So Good For You?
Sesame seeds are one the richest plant-based sources of calcium, making them a great staple in anyone's diet. These tiny seeds are one of the most ancient foods on Earth, and offer big health benefits! Thanks to their high levels of phytosterols they can assist in lowering cholesterol along with assisting to protect the heart and improve blood pressure due to their lignans content. A great source of vitamins and minerals such as iron, fiber, magnesium and calcium, just to name a few.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 cup sesame seeds (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Drain your soaked sesame seeds.
- Combine sesame seeds, dates, vanilla, sea salt, and water in the blender or the Hurom Juicer.
- Blend well for 30 seconds to 1 minute until milk is smooth and creamy.
- Optional to strain through a nut milk bag or pour straight into glass bottles for storage in the fridge if you don't mind the pulp in your milk.
- We love using our Hurom for nut milk as it strains out most of the pulp and leaves you with a smooth, creamy milk!
- Soaking nuts, seeds and grains allows enzyme inhibitors to be released, making them easier to digest and enhances nutrient bio-availability. Soaking them also makes them easier to blend and results in a creamy consistency that is like milk. Most nuts generally require 7 - 12 hours or overnight of soaking time for optimal results. Discard the soaking water and thoroughly rinse with fresh water