These are one of our favorite nuts! A tasty alternative to your usual nut milk!
Why It's So Good For You?
Although we love almond, we also love to mix it up! Brazil nut milk has quickly become a favorite of ours due to these nuts' unbelievably amazing nutrient profile. One of the richest sources of selenium in the food world, making them a great addition to your diet to help boost your immune system. They also contain a complete amino acid profile making them a great plant-based protein source.
Add this as a base to your smoothies, oatmeal, chia puddings or drink a glass on its own!
(use organic where possible)
- 1 cup Brazil nuts (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Drain and rinse soaked brazil nuts.
- Combine soaked brazil nuts, dates, vanilla, sea salt and water in the blender or the Hurom Juicer.
- Blend well for 30 seconds to 1 minute until milk is smooth and creamy.
- Optional to strain through a nut milk bag or pour straight into glass bottles for storage in the fridge if you don't mind the pulp in your milk.
- We love using our Hurom for nut milk as it strains out most of the pulp and leaves you with a smooth, creamy milk!
- Soaking nuts, seeds and grains allows enzyme inhibitors to be released, making them easier to digest and enhances nutrient bio-availability. Soaking them also makes them easier to blend and results in a creamy consistency that is like milk. Most nuts generally require 7 - 12 hours or overnight of soaking time for optimal results. Discard the soaking water and thoroughly rinse with fresh water