This crunchy nut and herb crust adds a delicious texture and flavor. We love this with a side salad or some homemade sweet potato fries!
Why It's So Good For You
Did you know nutritional yeast is extremely nutrient-rich? It's loaded with B Vitamins and is the only vegan source of essential Vitamin B12. With a nutty, cheesy flavor, you can add it to practically any savory dish!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 fish fillets - thick, firm, white, non-oily (snapper, trout, sea bass, cod, halibut, sole, turbot, whiting, or wild barramundi)
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast/ parmesan/ pecorino
- ½ cup activated nuts (almond, brazil, cashew, pecan, macadamias), pulsed in a blender to a fine crumb
- 1 free-range egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 355ºF (180ºC).
- Chop parsley, add the nutritional yeast or cheese of choice and nuts.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat 1 egg, then dip the fish fillet in the egg to coat.
- Dip the eggy fillet in the herb mix and press firmly down so that all the ingredients can stick on. You can refrigerate this for as long as you need before you cook.
- Bake for 10-15 mins or until you feel the fish springing back and you're done.