This amazing dish will fill your home with the incredible aromas of Moroccan herbs and spices. It's perfect paired with quinoa or cauliflower mash.
Why It's So Good For You
Moroccan spices really are used for more than just flavoring food! Cumin is great for indigestion and turmeric is great as an anti-inflammatory. Combined with the digestive, immune-boosting benefits of garlic and onion, this dish is truly a medicinal meal!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 chicken maryland's (or 2 thighs and 2 drumsticks)
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 lemon peeled, pitted and cubed
- ½ cup black olives, pitted
- 1 cup chicken stock or white wine (or a mixture of both)
- 100g rice pasta (approximately 1 fist full)
- Butter for frying
- Dust chicken in cumin and turmeric.
- Heat pan and sauté onion and garlic in butter until translucent.
- Fry chicken for 3-5 minutes each side, until brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- Serve with 1 cup cooked rice pasta.
- You can store the remaining Moroccan Chicken in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat for lunch the next day
Audio Languages: English
Perfect PizzaS1:Ep4 4 mins
Potassium Balance BrothS1:Ep5 2 mins
Quinoa TabboulehS1:Ep6 1 min
You Might Also Like
Satay SauceS1:Ep4 2 mins
TempehS1:Ep20 16 mins
Toasted PepitasS1:Ep2 2 mins
Un-fried RiceS1:Ep21 18 mins
Simple SauerkrautS1:Ep5 4 mins
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
Avocado DressingS1:Ep6 2 mins
Spicy CabbageS1:Ep19 14 mins
Miso Eggplant SaladS1:Ep3 20 mins
Raw Coconut Rough Ice CreamS1:Ep4 2 mins
Coconut Banana BreadS1:Ep5 4 mins
Seaweed ChipsS1:Ep1 2 mins
Perfect Scrambled EggsS1:Ep6 3 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia