A wonderfully nourishing slow cooked meal that's perfect comfort food for the cooler months. Full of slow-cooked goodness and bursting with flavor! It's super easy to make, just prepare it first thing in the morning so that dinner is ready to eat when you get home from work!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 carrots, chopped into 2 cm long pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 2 cm long pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups bone broth or stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful of mixed herbs (parsley, oregano, basil), chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker.
- Set slow-cooker on low and cook for approximately 8-10 hours.