Some worry that vegetarian and vegan diets might lack sufficient protein. What most people do not know is that sprouts can contain up to 35 percent protein. Adding sprouts to your diet will give you the necessary protein intake required by your body minus the fat, cholesterol, and calories that typically come with animal products.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ zucchini, chopped into half rounds
- 6 button mushrooms, whole
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 handful spinach
- 3 tbsp udo's oil, divided use
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup peas
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup living sprouts (optional)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Steam the broccoli and zucchini in a steamer until just tender.
- Turn the heat off and add the spinach.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, arranging them nicely on a large plate and seasoning well.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar and the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Set aside ready to pour it over your green bowl of goodness.
- Top with living sprouts and hemp seeds, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!