A beautiful smelling Indian veggie salad! Coriander or cilantro is a wonderful source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron, and magnesium as well.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 1 small shallot
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Pinch of cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fresh raw corn on the cob
- 1 cup sweet potato, grated or finely diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh mint, finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a Vitamix or a high-speed blender.
- Blend well so all is well combined. It's okay to have a bit of texture here.
- Remove the kernels from the cob, add all the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- Toss well, adding salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well so everything is coated.
- Serve with a big bowl of greens and herbs.
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia