This is the perfect lunch to take to work. Simply pack the night before in a big glass jar, add hot water and you will have a delicious healthy soup in minutes!
**Why it is good for you: **
Miso is full of nutrients, beneficial bacteria and enzymes. Miso provides protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B2, vitamin E, vitamin K, tryptophan, choline, dietary fiber, linoleic acid and lecithin, all while delivering a unique, salty and savoury flavor.
The fermentation process that miso undergoes not only enhances the nutrient density of the soy, but it also reduces anti-nutrients that can interfere with digestion and absorption.
There are many types of miso, some made with just soy beans and others made with barley and rice. Always be sure to buy traditionally and naturally fermented miso using organic and non-GMO soy.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 tbsp miso paste (white, red or dark)
- 1 tsp of ginger, grated
- 1 shallot or spring onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 sheet dried nori, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup mixed mushrooms, chopped (shitake, Enoki, button, Swiss brown, etc.)