Simple is sometimes best! A vegetarian stir- fry thrown into the weekly meal routine is a great way to use up leftover vegetables and up your daily fiber intake.
**Why it is good for you: **
Not used enough, bok choy is actually a type of Chinese cabbage. It's a part of the cruciferous vegetable group and is dense in vitamins and minerals. The vitamins C & A found in bok choy act as antioxidants and protect cell membranes from damage.
We can't forget to mention ginger. This nutritional powerhouse is both medicinal and aromatic. Ginger fights against sickness, reduces inflammation and minimizes infections.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 shallot or spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bok choy, roughly chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 cup cooked rice (basmati or brown)