Discover an amazing recipe using the 'undervalued' vegetable called leek. This recipe for leek sauce is so simple to make and full of nourishing ingredients to give your veggies a boost!
Makes: 750ml of sauce
(use organic where possible)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 cup cashews
- 5 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small sweet potato, skin on, cut into quarters
- 200g beans, roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 10 button mushrooms, whole
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Combine leek, cashew, and water in a medium-sized pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Steam the sweet potato.
- Then add the beans, broccoli, cauliflower, button mushrooms, parsley, and spring onions.
- Steam for about 2-4 minutes.
- Shower the veggies with the wonderfully rich leek sauce.
Audio Languages: English
Breakfast PorridgeS1:Ep8 6 mins
Potato BakeS1:Ep9 13 mins
Red Rice SaladS1:Ep10 17 mins
You Might Also Like
Socca and Chunky SaladS1:Ep5 14 mins
Vegan Spaghetti BologneseS1:Ep6 20 mins
Quick & Rich Pasta SauceS1:Ep8 10 mins
QuicheS1:Ep17 26 mins
Kim Chi PancakesS1:Ep7 16 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia