Looking into the minds of many of America’s prominent occult thinkers Mitch Horowitz brings their esoteric ideas forward, as a source of practical insight and wisdom in the day-to-day life of the ordinary person. He is a leading publisher in the fields of world religion, esoterica and metaphysics with a focus upon humanity’s search for meaning in this world.
What he finds empowers us, today:
• The Law of Attraction and The Secret have become popular expressions of the modern alternative spiritual movement, but few people know of their occult origins
• Most things occult are ignored or largely misrepresented by mainstream media
• We have a real possibility of losing an important part of the foundation of the American mindset
• Mind as builder: Do linear events really exist or does this mean we manifest things to happen? This is where the power of thought becomes so important
• Positivity of the occult is needed in order to change the way we think and perceive the world, as the mind is the ultimate builder of reality