Craving fries? This healthy version is loaded with nutrients and tastes incredible! Best served over a tossed green salad with some nuts, or use as a delicious side dish.
Why It's So Good For You
Sweet potatoes have a slightly lower glycemic load and glycemic index than most regular white potatoes, so they won't spike your blood sugar as much. They are also a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and anti-inflammatory compounds!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 340º F (170º C).
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potato into wedges (like thick fries).
- Toss the wedges with coconut or olive oil and spices (except salt) in a bag or bowl.
- Arrange the wedges in a baking dish, making sure they stand up individually. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until done.
- You can also serve them over a tossed green salad with some nuts, or use as a delicious side dish.