A nutritious pasta that's a great alternative for children!
Loaded with vegetables, this recipe contains an abundance of fiber which is a natural agent in keeping you regular! The capsicum, zucchini, and tomato also provide your body with a selection of antioxidants and phytochemicals that help fight against free radicals. Topping this raw pasta off with basil not only adds a punch of flavor and reduces the need to add extra salt, this herb also is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 zucchini, shredded or made into noodles by a spiralizer (set aside)
- 8 olives
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 tsp honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup soaked cashews, rinsed well
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ fresh tomato
- ¼ onion, chopped roughly
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper