A nutritious pasta that's a great alternative for children!
Loaded with vegetables, this recipe contains an abundance of fiber which is a natural agent in keeping you regular! The capsicum, zucchini, and tomato also provide your body with a selection of antioxidants and phytochemicals that help fight against free radicals. Topping this raw pasta off with basil not only adds a punch of flavor and reduces the need to add extra salt, this herb also is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 zucchini, shredded or made into noodles by a spiralizer (set aside)
- 8 olives
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 tsp honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup soaked cashews, rinsed well
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ fresh tomato
- ¼ onion, chopped roughly
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start by shredding the zucchini or spiralize using a spiralizer. Set aside.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until completely smooth..
- Mix the sauce with the pasta, then sprinkle with olives and basil leaves.
Audio Languages: English
QuicheS1:Ep17 26 mins
Spicy CabbageS1:Ep19 14 mins
You Might Also Like
Miso Eggplant SaladS1:Ep3 20 mins
Kim Chi PancakesS1:Ep7 16 mins
Socca and Chunky SaladS1:Ep5 14 mins
Mexican Bean ChiliS1:Ep23 4 mins
Toggie SproutsS1:Ep14 15 mins
Potato BakeS1:Ep9 13 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia