Reinvented quiche with plant-based ingredients!
With a wide variety of nutrients ranging from magnesium and manganese to copper, protein and zinc, pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses wrapped up in a very small package.
Serves:6 or 8 slices
(use organic ingredients where possible)
BASE OF THE QUICHE
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 2 cups broken cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 celery stick, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp savory yeast
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ large bunch basil, chopped roughly
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp savory yeast
- 1 cup broken cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 large bunches baby spinach or silverbeet, cut thinly
- 2 cucumbers, leaving the skins on and grated
- 1 - 2 large bunches fresh basil, chopped roughly
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all the base ingredients to a food processor.
- Process till well combined.
- Press into a normal size springform round tart tin, making sure you push the mix up the sides about an inch to create a tart shell wall.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Add all the cream ingredients to a Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine all the filling ingredients; with your hands, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and squeeze the filling liquid.
- Strain into a glass until the filling is no longer wet.
- Add the cream mixture into your filling mix. Mix them well.
- Add to the tart shell evenly.
- Chill then serve.
- Soaking nuts, seeds and grains allows enzyme inhibitors to be released, making them easier to digest and enhances nutrient bio-availability. Soaking them also makes them easier to blend and results in a creamy consistency that is like milk. Most nuts generally require 7 - 12 hours or overnight of soaking time for optimal results. Discard the soaking water and thoroughly rinse with fresh water
Audio Languages: English
Spicy CabbageS1:Ep19 14 mins
TempehS1:Ep20 16 mins
You Might Also Like
Vegan LasagnaS1:Ep6 31 mins
Buddha BowlS1:Ep4 13 mins
Miso Eggplant SaladS1:Ep3 20 mins
Red Rice SaladS1:Ep10 17 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia