Creamy and filling without the food coma crash afterward, this is a family favorite!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
- 3½ cups water
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp shiro or white miso paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup savory yeast
- Gluten-free pasta
- Hemp seeds
- Fresh herbs of choice
- To prepare the cheese sauce, fill in the pot with the water and add the veggies, cashews, miso, and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- Turn off the heat and allow the veggies to rest for a few minutes.
- Drain (reserve the cooking water) and transfer to a blender.
- Add the savory yeast, gradually pour in a bit of the cooking water and blend until smooth.
- Taste and season if needed.
- Serve over cooked pasta, sprinkled with hemp seeds and topped with fresh herbs.
Audio Languages: English
Vegan Spaghetti BologneseS1:Ep6 20 mins
Kim Chi PancakesS1:Ep7 16 mins
Quick & Rich Pasta SauceS1:Ep8 10 mins
You Might Also Like
Potato BakeS1:Ep9 13 mins
Red Rice SaladS1:Ep10 17 mins
Satay VeggiesS1:Ep11 15 mins
Corn SalsaS1:Ep8 11 mins
Breakfast PorridgeS1:Ep8 6 mins
Leek SauceS1:Ep7 9 mins
FattoushS1:Ep9 8 mins
Un-fried RiceS1:Ep21 18 mins
Indian Coriander VeggiesS1:Ep10 18 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia