The textures and flavors of socca can only be described as earthy and crunchy. Top it off with salad and any vegan cheese or mayo for a delicious meal!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
FOR THE SOCCA
- 1½ cups besan flour
- 1 tbsp shiro miso
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cup water
- Black Pepper
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 radishes
- 1 handful fresh dill leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful rocket
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1 cup cos lettuce leaves
- ½ avocado
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Vegan mayo (optional)
- To prepare the socca, whisk together all the ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Leave the batter to rest overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, to cook your batter, heat a pan and add coconut oil.
- Pour in ⅓ cup of the batter and cook until bubbles start appearing on the top and the sides become crispy.
- Flip and cook on another side until brown.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- To prepare the toppings, mix together all the ingredients except the vegan mayo and hemp seeds.
- Top the socca pancakes with the salad, drizzle with the mayo, and sprinkle with the seeds.
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia