A simple and delicious Indian spiced cauliflower soup with a warming depth of flavor!
Why It's Good For You
Cauliflower is a rich source of potassium, vitamin C, and glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are sulfur-containing compounds that give cauliflower its pungent smell and flavor. Glucosinolates activate the body's detoxification system, and research suggests that they may play a role in preventing various types of cancer.
Garam masala is a blend of spices commonly used in Ayurvedic cooking. Garam masala is said to "heat the body", meaning it raises body temperature and adds a warming component to meals. Health benefits of garam masala include boosting immunity, promoting weight loss, helping with digestive processes, alleviating pain and lowering blood sugar levels.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 12 oz (1½ cups) broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 4 oz (½ cup) coconut milk or cream
- 1 tsp garam masala (black peppercorns, cinnamon, clove, cardamon, nutmeg)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small handful coriander leaves, to serve