Packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, this vegetable soup will nourish you from the inside out!
Why It's So Good For You
This healing vegetable soup is made with either chicken bone broth or vegetable broth, for a vegetarian version.
Chicken bone broth is rich in minerals that support the immune system and contains healing compounds like collagen, glutamine, glycine and proline. The collagen in bone broth heals your gut lining and reduces intestinal inflammation. Collagen also supports healthy joints, skin, hair and nails.
Nutritionally, this vegetable soup is packed full of many water-soluble vitamins as well as dietary fiber and a range of minerals. It also helps to regulate the digestive tract and includes detoxifying vegetables and alkalizing greens like kale, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, cilantro and parsley.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 12 oz (1½ cups) healing detox broth
- ¼ cup broccoli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green beans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup zucchini, finely chopped
- ¼ cup kale, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Place the broth in a medium saucepan and heat at medium temperature
- Chop the vegetables and add to the saucepan
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and well cooked
- Add the soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Serve and garnish with the fresh parsley and cilantro