This vanilla panna cotta is a great one to make if you are beginning to use gelatin, and could easily be created into any flavor using your favorite fruits. It is essential when cooking with gelatin to choose a product that is from a 100% grass-fed source ensuring that it is super nutritious.
Why it's so good for you:
Grass-fed gelatin is a great ingredient to use for gut-loving desserts. Gelatin makes up almost one-third of all the protein in the human body, and not having enough of it affects our joints, skin and gut health. It's becoming more common to use gelatin in recipes to promote digestive health.
(use organic where possible)
- 2 tbsp powdered grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 fresh fig (optional)
- Crushed nuts to serve
- Mix the gelatin and water together in a small bowl, stirring immediately. Let this sit for a few mins until it becomes like a rubber ball.
- Place coconut milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and rice malt syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add in gelatin, stirring continuously until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into panna cotta molds, silicone molds, or glass jars and set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the fridge when set and serve each panna cotta with fresh figs and crushed nuts.