Not your usual sandwich. Salmon is loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and delicious flavor! This open sandwich is quick and easy to make and perfect for lunch any day of the week.
Why it is good for you:
Wild-caught salmon is very high in omega-3 fatty acids. These fats are known as essential fatty acids. Salmon is also a great source of protein, selenium, niacin, vitamin B12, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B6.
It's important when shopping for tinned salmon that you also pick a good, reputable brand ensuring it is wild and sustainably caught and preferably packaged in a BPA-free can.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 slices of Paleo bread (see recipe)
- 1 small tin (6 oz/ 170g) of wild, sustainably caught salmon
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 shallot or spring onion, diced
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt (coconut or dairy)
- 1 handful bitter greens
- Salt and pepper, to taste