Nut milk is great non-dairy, non-soy alternative and super healthy! They're convenient, delicious and portable. Plus they're bursting with health benefits. Packed with healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, protein and fiber, they'll help curb your appetite, keep you regular, and help to maintain healthy gut bacteria.
You can make a variety of plant-based milk by blending raw nuts and seeds, with water. Homemade milk is fresh, free of additives and preservatives, and you can experiment with different kinds of nuts and seeds.
Why It's So Good For You?
Pumpkin seeds are high in minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, iron, copper and essential fatty acids! You'll find they are a little cheaper than nuts that you would usually use to create your own milk at home, making it a great alternative to almond or cashew milk while still offering a whole bunch of health benefits.
Add this as a base to your smoothies, oatmeal, chia puddings or drink a glass on its own!
(use organic where possible)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked overnight)
- 6 cups filtered water
- 3 pitted dates or 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Drain your soaked pumpkin seeds.
- Combine pumpkin seeds, dates, vanilla, sea salt, and water in the blender or the Hurom Juicer.
- Blend well for 30 seconds to 1 minute until milk is smooth and creamy.
- Optional to strain through a nut milk bag or pour straight into glass bottles for storage in the fridge if you don't mind the pulp in your milk.
- We love using our Hurom for nut milk as it strains out most of the pulp and leaves you with a smooth, creamy milk!
- Soaking nuts, seeds and grains allows enzyme inhibitors to be released, making them easier to digest and enhances nutrient bio-availability. Soaking them also makes them easier to blend and results in a creamy consistency that is like milk. Most nuts generally require 7 - 12 hours or overnight of soaking time for optimal results. Discard the soaking water and thoroughly rinse with fresh water