Happy Baby Pose
Happy Baby Pose is a wonderful pose for grounding at the end of a practice and hasseveral benefits:
- Opens and stretches the hips
- Stretches the inner groins
- Lengthens and helps to realign the spine
- Calms the mind and relieves stress
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders
- Knee or ankle injuries
- Extremely tight hips
- Hold the inside arches of your feet
- Hold your ankles
- Place a blanket under your neck
Ananda Balasana (AH-nahn-dah-BAHL-ahs-ahna)
Ananda = blissful
Bala = baby
1. Start on your back with your knees drawn in towards your chest.
2. Grab hold of your feet with your hands. Ensure your arms are in front of yourshins, and you are holding on to the outside edges of your feet.
3. Draw your shoulders on to your back, tone your arms and flex your feet asyou pull down on your feet.
4. Draw your knees wide and toward your armpits and try to stack anklesabove knees.
5. Lengthen your lower back down to the ground, trying to touch the tip of yourtailbone to the floor.
6. Stay here for 1 minute, and then release and draw your knees in to yourchest.