16 Ways to Tell if Your House Has a Paranormal Visitor
Are you encountering unexplainable footsteps walking down the hallway, items disappearing, lights turning on randomly? These may be signs that your house is haunted. All hauntings are different and can vary from hearing a door slamming occasionally all the way to seeing full apparitions.
It is important to understand if your house is haunted to determine the steps to take. According to About.com, below are the 16 signs that your house is haunted.
- Unexplained noises – These noises can include footsteps, knocking, banging, scratching, something being dropped. These noises can be subtle and other times they can be quite loud.
- Doors, cabinets and cupboards opening and closing – Very rarely will the experiencer ever witness this phenomenon take place. Most often the experiencer will hear a door open or close and when it is investigated the door is typically in the opposite position than it was previously placed in.
- Lights turning off and on – Lights will turn on and off when the experiencer knows they previously left it on or off. This occurrence is also rarely witnessed. This can also happen to electrically powered devices like TVs and radios.
- Items disappearing and reappearing – This phenomenon is called the DOPler Effect (DOP = Disappearing Object Phenomenon). Experiencers will place a normal, everyday object in a typical spot in the house. Later when they go to retrieve that item, the item is gone and nowhere to be found after a thorough search. Hours, days or weeks later, the object reappears in the exact position it was left in before it went missing.
- Unexplained shadows – Fleeting shadows are normally seen out of the corner of our eyes. These shadows typically take human forms, also known as Shadow People, while other times they are less distinguishable or smaller.
- Strange animal behavior – Dogs will sometimes bark at something unseen, cower without reason or refuse to enter a room they normally do. While cats seem to be watching something move about the room. Animals do have sharper senses than humans, many researchers feel their psychic abilities are allowing them to notice this behavior quicker and better.
- Feelings of being watched – Many people tend to get the feeling of being watched throughout the day, however, it may have a paranormal source if the feeling is consistently occurring in a particular part of the house at a particular time.
These next signs are rarer phenomena, but could be stronger evidence of a haunting:
- Mild psychokinetic phenomena – Actually seeing a door open or close, a light flick on or off, or a child’s toy turn on by itself. Others state that they can hear or feel something sitting on the bed next to them.
- Feelings of being touched – Some feel something brush past them, touch their hair or a “hand” on their shoulder. Others can feel a gentle poke, push or nudge.
- Cries or whispers – Some can hear voices, whispering, crying or even music from an unknown source.
- Cold or hot spots – cold spots in your house is one sign that your house can be haunted.
- Unexplained smells – a fragrance of perfume or cologne does not exist in your house. This phenomenon may be accompanied by shadows, voices or psychokinetic phenomena.
Very Strong Signs
Poltergeist activity is rare, but is strong evidence of a true haunting:
- Moving or levitating objects (severe psychokinetic phenomena) – some instances of this phenomena include plates sliding off the table, pictures flying off the walls, doors slamming with great force or furniture sliding across the floor.
- Physical assault – This type of phenomena is very rare, but includes scratches, slaps and hard shoves.
- Other physical evidence – This can include unexplained writing on paper or walls, hand prints and footprints.
- Apparitions – This very rare phenomena is a physical manifestation of a spirit or entity. These human shaped forms can be seen as mist, transparent or solid.
Interested in more? Check out our Halloween Collection
Channeled Messages From Presidents Jefferson, Lincoln and Eisenhower
One of the saddest things about the death of great leaders is the loss of their wisdom. Many people through the ages have wondered what it would be like if we could continue to communicate with notable people who have shaped the world’s destiny. In an exclusive interview, Gates McKibbin shares her channeling experiences, bringing the sentiments of Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Dwight Eisenhower back to life, offering a compelling message for those open to listening.
McKibbin isn’t your stereotypical psychic medium. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Illinois and has received numerous academic awards, as well as a membership to Phi Beta Kappa. She has enjoyed an illustrious career as a corporate executive, a management consultant, and an adjunct college professor specializing in strategic and organizational renewal. However, there had always been a more spiritual side to her, lying in wait for the right moment.
Living life “in the fast lane,” as she describes it, McKibbin’s corporate career eventually took its toll, and chronic stress led to a serious decline in her health. Her physician gave her a blunt choice: Keep your job or regain your health. Taking his advice to heart, McKibbin said goodbye to her fast-paced lifestyle and began journaling. With no financial security and still battling a weak and debilitated body, her life took a strange turn. Suddenly, her deceased father, John McKibbin, began sending her telepathic messages, including encouragement to publish what he had to say from beyond the veil. This continuous engagement with her father not only helped her get through a difficult time but also freed her “to become a very different person.”
While McKibbin’s corporate career continued and remained successful, in the summer of 2001, her psychic door opened even wider. Feeling “something was afoot,” while sitting in the comfort of her San Francisco home one evening, McKibbin grabbed a pen, cleared her mind, and discovered the presence of our second president, Thomas Jefferson.
After introducing himself, she sat stunned and intimidated until the two minds came into sync. As she worked to bring Jefferson’s words to life, McKibbin quickly found gratification, committing to the messages coming forth, and deciding to surrender them to the world when she felt the time was right. Following her sessions with Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln showed up to discuss his troubled presidency and fight to preserve a divided Union.