DNA Might be the Best Bargaining Chip We Have With Aliens
If we ever needed to barter with an advanced alien species, our DNA might be the best currency we could offer, according to Daniel Helman, a professor of Labor Relations and Trade Unions at Ton Duc Thang University in Vietnam.
That’s because our technology would likely be antiquated compared to theirs, making it essentially useless in trading and bargaining. But if we could give them something completely unique to our specific planet, there’s a good chance they may be interested.
Helman first proposed this idea at the International Space Development Conference, and later expanded on it in an interview with Motherboard.
Our DNA he said, is like a record of millions of years of evolution and interaction with Earth’s environment, and if we could give them mapped-out documentation of this, they may consider it useful. The Human Genome Project and other attempts to catalogue our DNA would be a good starting point to begin negotiations.
Barring the possibility these extraterrestrials might have some sort of highly advanced system to fast track DNA sequencing, we would already have a solid foundation of background knowledge in epigenetics – how the environment affects the expression of genes – and evolutionary processes that have led to most modern species on Earth.
Helman also points out that he believes our gradual destruction of biodiversity on the planet lowers the number of bargaining chips we hypothetically have to trade. The more animals go extinct, the less DNA we have – unless we start storing embryos and DNA samples in the Doomsday Vault.
Though, one concern with Helman’s idea is that giving up the building blocks to life on Earth might lead extraterrestrials to develop diseases that could wipe us out. But if they had technology vastly superior to anything we have, they would probably have the means to destroy us in a number of ways.
Essentially, the argument hinges on whether these extraterrestrial visitors are bent on conquering or making friends with us. A timeless hypothetical, but for the sake of Helman’s argument, we should consider the latter scenario.
And in the sense that our biggest obstacle to the next level of technological advancement is surviving ourselves, it’s more likely that developed alien species would lean towards the peaceful side. For us, perpetual global conflicts and the looming threat of nuclear war could be the deciding factor in whether we continue as a species that explores the galaxy or destroys itself.
So, if an alien race has advanced far enough to make it to Earth, it’s likely our global infighting and environmental destruction would look petty and archaic to them. So it might be time we develop a disruptive marketing strategy for our DNA, and prepare for an intergalactic game of poker.
Watch Chase Kloetzke discuss the potentials of various agendas an alien species might have visiting Earth on this episode of Beyond Belief:
Does RH Negative Blood Increase Odds Of Alien Abduction?
Throughout mankind’s history, the accounts of visitations from a higher power, extraterrestrial beings, or mysterious forces have been immortalized and passed down through generations in song and story. Controversial details get set aside or passed over as impossible or inconsistent with the current research or evidence. However, the stories persist, and the details re-emerge in tales of greater powers, lost and unknown history and tribes of people, or secrets taken to the grave with underground groups, meetings and rituals buried in the past.
It doesn’t take long to find these kinds of tales reflected in the volumes of world religious texts, myths, and folklore:
- Other beings, “angels” coming down to earth off the mountain or out of a cave to guide mankind and give them “gifts” and the secrets to eternal life
- Gods descending from another dimension or world to lie with women, producing superhuman offspring
- Mystical encounters in secluded or high places with wise entities who impart great knowledge
- Men and women abducted, literally or inter-dimensionally, transported under a spell or beam of great light, held captive and subjected to manipulation by other beings or forces, transformed into someone or something else or left with inexplicable scars, memories or feelings.
The Greek myths alone are overflowing with such tales of a God slipping under the dark of night or the veil of a wooded forest to bed a beautiful earthly woman, luring her with a fog of unearthly pheromones in a dream or by psychic powers, leaving as mysteriously as he arrived. The child born is a demigod, a newer version of man, and equipped to carry the people into a battle or into a new age of man. A simple woman giving birth to the son of a God, creating a hero that tries to save or sometimes destroy mankind.
Other “God” visitations alter the course of mankind or the destiny of a hero that plays out over the evolution of an epoch or people.
It’s not just the Greeks – this kind of superhuman or spiritual intervention can be found in the legends and historical narratives of the Norse, Sumerians, Mayans, Egyptians, Asians, Native Americans, and ancient Pagans across the globe.
Could these stories be true? Were they really Gods, or something else?
GODS, ANGELS OR ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS?
Today, modern scientists, researchers and theorists are exploring and challenging long-held beliefs and scientific hypotheses on the origin of man and our ancestry. Included in this challenge is the question of who were these outsiders of legend that visited earth so long ago, and why do we find them in so many stories and artifacts that are unique in depicting their powers and their intermingling with humans? The stories left behind, and their relevance and influence, have been uncovered through the diligent protection of sacred texts and modern archeology. Many of the sources are well known, a part of common knowledge, while others continue to be brought to our attention via modern media.
Today’s researchers are sharing and illuminating the information in new ways. Examples include:
- Cave paintings depicting early human life and showing what looks like common characteristics of an alien being and flying saucer, descending from the sky and interacting with the tribes’ people
- Ancient architecture with hieroglyphs and art depicting “Gods” or other beings with power and advanced technology
- Artifacts bearing physical characteristics that match mythical descriptions of beings from another world used in fertility and abundance rituals
- Ancient scrolls from Asia and India, passages in myths and in the Koran or Bible that mention other beings or people at the time of man being of a different origin, “taking wives” or creating great men or kings, such as Genesis 6:4 “Here were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”
- Crop circles
- Documented cases and witness accounts from the 15th and 16th centuries in Germany and France; the Nuremberg sightings; the Roswell crash; abductees Betty and Barney Hill; Whitley Strieber; the unidentified object crash in the mountains of Shaitan Mazar, Russia; and countless others who witnessed UFOs or were abducted
- Government cover-ups, ex-military confessions of UFOs and secret military and government medical research on unidentified beings (“non-humans”)
The list goes on and continues to grow with time.
Contemporary truth seekers speculate that the Gods in our ancient stories are actually ancient astronauts, a species from another world. These astronauts found Earth (or created it) and through the interbreeding with apes or humans, or by genetic modification in a spaceship lab, spliced extraterrestrial genes with primate or human genes, creating a hybrid – modern man. This would mean that our ancestry is of Alien origin, a mixed breed with bloodlines that extend beyond our planet.
Some believe this interaction and experimentation continues and was the source of the evolution of man through different versions – one improving upon the other. Others believe they now live among us freely, and because of the early development of man/alien hybrid, they can naturally interbreed with humans, slowly homogenizing the bloodline and assimilating with ease.
If that’s true, then couldn’t we trace this added bloodline to the gene pool?