Who would have thought chickpea brine would be so perfect for so many things? This icing was such a happy discovery -- I was in the middle of making chickpea meringues when I realized I'd made WAY too much mixture. Because I am no waster of food, I grabbed the rest and used it to top mini chocolate mud cakes.
I also love using this recipe as a great, fluffy alternative to strawberry mousse. Just swap strawberry extract instead of vanilla and add a touch of beetroot powder to safely color them pink. Here's to having fun with food!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- ½ cup chickpea brine
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Whip chickpea brine for 10 minutes until stiff, white peaks appear.
- Whilst whipping, add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Whip for another 10 minutes.
- Ice your cakes and muffins, eat as an alternative to marshmallow fluff or turn this mixture into meringues!