This recipe is really quite fun to make and feed to friends -- a firm favorite with anyone who tries it. I always love the surprise on peoples' faces when they realize it's made with eggplant which provides such a great mud cake-like texture.
Make, bake and enjoy!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 cup dark chocolate (or any kind of chocolate preferred)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- Preheat oven at 400°F (200°C).
- Steam eggplant, weigh out 370 grams.
- In a separate small saucepan or double-boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Blend dates, cacao powder, salt, maple syrup, bicarb soda, baking powder, and flour into a food processor.
- With a slightly oiled spoon, scoop mixture into an oiled/floured/lined muffin molds.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool and harden further. Cover with icing, or serve 'as is' with coconut yogurt and fresh fruit.
Audio Languages: English
Chickpea MeringuesS1:Ep8 5 mins
Peppermint SliceS1:Ep9 8 mins
Coconut IceS1:Ep10 4 mins
You Might Also Like
Satay NoodlesS1:Ep14 4 mins
Green SmoothieS1:Ep12 3 mins
BruschettaS1:Ep10 2 mins
Raw Red Capsicum WrapS1:Ep13 5 mins
Greek Salad with Almond FetaS1:Ep7 5 mins
Chia PuddingS1:Ep11 2 mins
Raw Omega 3 BallsS1:Ep8 3 mins
Garden PizzaS1:Ep6 7 mins
Banana BreadS1:Ep9 1 min
Coconut Water and Milk KefirsS1:Ep3 13 mins
Fruit SaladS1:Ep5 2 mins
Cashew MilkS1:Ep4 2 mins
Cashew Cream CheeseS1:Ep3 3 mins
Beating DiabetesS1:Ep10 17 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia