No more 'healthy, organic' licorice from the health food store with ingredients that are just as bad as regular licorice that is filled with refined sugar, oils, and preservatives. They are no good for your gut.
A much cleaner licorice recipe for you and your friends to enjoy, using real food ingredients only, as nature intended!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 7 medjool dates (pitted and soaked for 10 minutes in warm water)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup banana flour
- 7 tbsp powdered licorice root
- 1 tsp medical-grade activated charcoal powder
- 7 tbsp powdered star anise
- Drain soaked dates and add into a food processor.
- Using a coffee grinder or high-powered blender, create star anise and licorice powder if you cannot locate these products easily.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until a black balls of dough forms.
- Pinch of pieces at a time and roll out into whatever shapes you prefer.
- Leave out, uncovered for at least 24 hours to dry and harden.
- Store in an airtight container in a cooled pantry or cupboard for up to 4 weeks.