These waffle cones hit all the right notes given they're sweet and a little salty -- the perfect complement to any plant-based ice cream recipe. Use these in place of typical preservative-filled waffle cones, and feel free to play around with different granulated sweeteners -- just keep all ingredients real which is more supportive to your gastrointestinal system.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- ½ cup granulated coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or any plant-based milk)
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to ensure there are no lumps.
- Spoon even amounts of batter onto hot plate or waffle maker. If using a hot plate, use a spatula to flatten out into a medium-size pancake shape,
- Once batter has browned, place a cone roller onto the flattened circle of cooked batter.
- Once batter is completely wrapped around the cone roller, lift it off the hot plate and onto a cooled surface.
- Wait a few seconds for it to cool and harden - this stabilizes its shape.
- Remove cone roller and leave waffle cone to cool further on a drying rack.
- Fill with ice cream and enjoy!
- Store any left-over cones for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container in a cool pantry.