My Yoga Online offers many classes of different styles, levels, and lengths, to give you exactly what you need, when you need it.
Remember: consistency in your practice is key. You can even experiment with combining different styles and lineages together if you wish.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Our classes will often offer modified versions of more challenging poses, and attention to alignment. We encourage you to move at your own pace and to rest whenever necessary.
- Rest anytime during a class, for as long as you need to.
- Each style of yoga offers its own unique benefits. See our article Styles of Yoga for a detailed rundown of what the various styles are.
- The My Yoga Online platform allows you to do more than one yoga style in one practice if you wish. (and you can combine yoga with Pilates, Dance, or Martial Arts as well).
- Our Hatha, Yin, and Anusara classes allow more time to focus on the form and details of each pose.
- Yin Yoga is also a perfect complement to a more ‘yang', active style of yoga such as power or vinyasa.
- Yoga should be non competitive. Challenging perhaps; fun, definitely, but we should never try to 'outdo', or to push/force our bodies/minds past a place where they are comfortable and ready to be. Over time, you will be able to do more and more effortlessly… But there is no rush! Move with wisdom and respect yourself.
- Finding and playing along the perfect edge, the place in each pose where your body needs to be, from one pose to the next, from one breath to the next, from one practice to the next. Listen to your body. Listen with you’re your body. Develop ultrafine precision, and true self awareness --- that is the art of it.
- The inner wisdom and balance you develop through regular practice will carry with you off of the mat into daily life. As we reap the rewards of a calmer, stronger self , these benefits extend out to our children, spouse, friends and co-workers.
Wishing you a fulfulling and transformative Yoga practice!
The MYO Team.